Dear Church Family,
Please read below for this week's announcements from Shady Grove:
· ONE CALL We are updating our One Call system for members to receive text messages. If you are interested in receiving these messages, please text the word ALERT to the number 22300. This will enroll you in our text messaging system and allow you to get team updates and updates that are needed for special events, etc. We are still going to produce One Call voice messages for church wide messages.
· -Safe Sanctuaries will be given on July 11, at 2:00. If you work with children or vulnerable adults, it is REQUIRED that you take this short training every year. Please put this date on your calendar. We need you at this training even IF you come to observe you are still needed to take this class. Any event we hold for the church that pertains to children that you plan to participate in you MUST have this training.
· SAVE THE DATE!!! July 23 and 24 is our Rummage Sale for the benefit of the playground project. The Saturday date is the day that we will have outside venders here and, no doubt, lots of traffic. We also need helpers for those day too. If you can help, please call Karen Stryker. The 23rd is only for our church. We are not taking clothes this year, but we do need your big items that sell well. And we will be collecting items for the sale staring on July 5th. All proceeds will go to the playground! The Fellowship Hall will not be available from, July 5-July 24,for rental due to the Rummage Sale. If you are interested in becoming a vendor please contact Karen with your information.
· -NURSERY We need volunteers for the Nursery for our services. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Lauren at the office (865)397-7453 or by email email@example.com
· GUY PENROD The Guy Penrod concert will take place on September 3, 2021 here at Shady Grove Church. If you have an actual ticket you bought here in Dandridge, it will say September 20, 2020. We have had to postpone this concert four times----so now it’s really going to happen. Tickets are available at itickets.com, or from Linda or Lauren here at church. They are $25.00 per person. The tickets printed last year are good. Please change the date on your calendar! We hope to see you there that evening.
· -The church is currently hiring for the following positions: Children’s Director. For more information and to submit your resume, go to indeed.com. Please be in prayer for the SPR team,
that they find the right people to fill these positions.
· -You can now catch our worship services on Youtube.com. The only catch is just not on Sunday. They will be available starting on Monday each week. Just search “Shady Grove United Methodist Church”. We will keep you updated as to when you may watch the service as it is live streamed.
· Church Directory We are going to update our directory this spring 2022. If you do not have a current photo and would like a new photo, please contact the church office. Also, if you have had any changes to your address, phone, etc. please contact the church office with any updates needing to be changed.
· PRAYER REQUEST-Please keep the following people in your prayers: Caitlyn Mitchell, Janice Bohannan, Sara Beth Case, Josh Kinne, Rick Vanhorn, Jack Glenn, Glen Barnett, Chad Foust, Howard Matthews, Tonya Moyers, Kim Kizer, Makenna Mathis, Jeff Moncier, Frankie Simms, Kevin Fox, Kyndall DeMaria, Claire Cortozza, Malcolm Cotton, Amy Graves, Christy Bowlin, Hilda Skeens, Lisa Swafford, Brenda Bradley, Jeff Reece, Robin Boyias, Kenna Clabough, Charles Foster, Travis Hicks, Marilyn Noel, Cindy Miller, Leandra Puckett, Jan Enoch, Jack Appleby, Sandi Bush, Butch Baxter, Ken Carpenter, Joyce Hart, Janice Bohannan, Terry Reneau, Sam Douglas, Charlie Weaver, Tim Barker, Loretta Smith, Betty Reneau, Linda Anthony, Lynda Mabe, Lon H. Thornton III, Jo Carolyn Poe, Kristopher Huff,
Lynn & Rita Hatfield, Aleisa Anderson, Portia McMahan
· SHUT-INS- Please remember and keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers. Jan Enoch, Billie Lane, Paul Bowles, Marilyn Noel, Betty Reneau, L. C. Batson, Emily Fox, Maxine Williams, Jack Glen, Sarah Case, Tim Barker, Sandy Bush, Richard Parks.
· Please send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday of each week for the weekly announcements.
We love you, church family!
Pastor Jason, Eddie, Linda, Sarah & Lauren
New Office hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00-3:00, Friday 9:00-12:00