Dear Church Family,
Please read below for this week's announcements from Shady Grove:
· ACCESS-LIFE East Tennessee EXPO is June 26 at Cherokee Dam. If you have registered and are a Volunteer for this wonderful event, please be at Cherokee Dam by 8:30am for your itinerary. If you are a participant in the event please be there by 10:00. You may contact Barb Suttles 865-397-2445 or
Helen McClaren at 731-694-7271 if you have questions or need help.
· -VBS SUNDAY This Sunday is our VBS Sunday! We would like to thank each and everyone that participated and volunteered to make this bible school a great success. We were blessed with the number of Kids, Teens, and Adults we had each night that enjoyed the “Treasured Adventure”. Remember you are a priceless pearl in Gods eyes.
· -Safe Sanctuaries will be given on July 11, at 2:00. If you work with children or vulnerable adults, it is required that you take this short training every year. Please put this on your calendar.
· -You can now catch our worship services on Youtube.com. The only catch is just not on Sunday. They will be available starting on Monday each week. Just search “Shady Grove United Methodist Church”. We will keep you updated as to when you may watch the service as it is live streamed.
· -SAVE THE DATE!!! July 23 and 24 is our Rummage Sale for the benefit of the playground project. The Saturday date is the day that we will have outside venders here and, no doubt, lots of traffic. We also need helpers for those day too. If you can help, please call Karen Stryker. The 23rd is only for our church. We are not taking clothes this year, but we do need your big items that sell well. And we will be collecting items for the sale staring on July 5th. All proceeds will go to the playground! The Fellowship Hallo will not be available from, July 5-July 24,for rental due to the Rummage Sale.
· -NURSERY We need volunteers for the Nursery for our services. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Lauren at the office (865)397-7453 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
· -Guy Penrod will be here in concert on September 3rd at the 7:00.
It’s really happening!
Please see Linda for information about tickets, or to buy one. They are $25.00 per person. Out of our batch of 200 tickets online, there are only 63 left, as of this writing. The website is itickets.com if you want to get tickets. You can buy them from Linda at church on Wednesdays and between services on Sunday mornings, or at Lakeway Realty in downtown Dandridge during the week.
· -The church is currently hiring for the following positions: Children’s Director. For more information and to submit your resume, go to indeed.com. Please be in prayer for the SPR team,
that they find the right people to fill these positions.
· Church Directory We are going to update our directory this spring. If you do not have a current photo and would like a new photo, please contact the church office. Also, if you have had any changes to your address, phone, etc. please contact the church office with any updates needing to be changed.
· PRAYER REQUEST-Please keep the following people in your prayers: Caitlyn Mitchell, Janice Bohannan, Sara Beth Case, Josh Kinne, Rick Vanhorn, Jack Glenn, Glen Barnett, Chad Foust, Howard Matthews, Tonya Moyers, Kim Kizer, Makenna Mathis, Jeff Moncier, Frankie Simms, Kevin Fox, Kyndall DeMaria, Claire Cortozza, Malcolm Cotton, Amy Graves, Christy Bowlin, Hilda Skeens, Lisa Swafford, Brenda Bradley, Jeff Reece, Robin Boyias, Kenna Clabough, Charles Foster, Travis Hicks, Marilyn Noel, Cindy Miller, Leandra Puckett, Jan Enoch, Jack Appleby, Sandi Bush, Butch Baxter, Ken Carpenter, Joyce Hart, Janice Bohannan, Terry Reneau, and Sam Douglas, Charlie Weaver, Tim Barker, Loretta Smith, Betty Reneau, Linda Anthony, and VBS
· SHUT-INS- Please remember and keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers. Jan Enoch, Billie Lane, Paul Bowles, Marilyn Noel, Betty Reneau,
L. C. Batson, Emily Fox, Maxine Williams, Jack Glen, Sarah Case, Tim Barker, Sandy Bush, Richard Parks.
· Please send your information to: email@example.com
by Monday of each week for the weekly announcements.
We love you, church family!
Pastor Jason, Eddie, Linda, Sarah & Lauren
New Office hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00-3:00, Friday 9:00-12:00