Hello Church Family!
We hope you are all doing well and staying healthy. We wanted to continue to keep you updated with measures that we as a church are taking during this unprecedented time.
- Vicky Monday and Marvin Stewart are continuing to work hard to keep our church clean and sanitary even while we are away. They are taking extra precautions and instituting additional measures to make sure our church is virus-free, and we wanted to share them here with you:
-- All surfaces that are regularly touched have been bleached, including tables, light switches, and metal chairs.
--The sanctuary has been thoroughly sanitized, including the wood on the pews.
-- All bathrooms continue to be sanitized weekly, and extra measures are being taken to ensure that they are completely disinfected.
-- All door knobs and telephones have been sanitized.
-- The rooms that are not being used currently are locked to ensure that they continue to stay clean.
-- Rooms are disinfected and sanitized after each use.
Vicky and Marvin have been working hard to help put us all at ease, and we appreciate the extra measures they are taking to make sure our church is virus-free!
-We know that there are many who are going without a paycheck as businesses shut down. As such, we wanted to provide resources for you or your friends and neighbors should anyone need extra assistance:
-- The Dandridge Ministerial Association runs a food pantry that is open on Mon, Wed, and Fri from 10-12. They are in a long red warehouse on Industrial Park Rd next to the old jail. All those who come for food must have a zip code of 37725.
-- Appalachian Outreach also runs a food pantry that covers all of Jefferson County. They are open Mon 10-4, Tue 10-4, and Thur 10-4, and are closed between 12 and 1 for a lunch break. They are currently putting together food bags and taking them out to your car when you pull up. They are located at 511 Municipal Dr in Jefferson City. Their number is 865-475-5611.
-- If you need further assistance with food and bills, please call Shady Grove at 865-397-7453.
-We will be hosting an online Maundy Thursday service on April 9, 2020 at 7:00pm on our King Street Modern Worship Facebook page. Pastor Jason will be taking communion and invites you to do so with him in your homes during the service.
- We will continue to have services online through Facebook Live but are also working to put our videos on YouTube for easier access. More information on this will be forthcoming.
-As always, please reach out to us and let us know if you have any needs or prayer requests, and don't give up on reaching out to one another. Let us show the world that the church is more than a building!
Dear Church Family,
We have a few new announcements for you. Please bear with us through this long post!
-We wanted to inform you that we have made the difficult decision to cancel the Holy Week Revival we had planned in conjunction with other area churches. Instead, we will be doing a live online Maundy Thursday service at the church and posting a devotional for Good Friday.
-The second difficult decision we have made is to cancel the Easter Egg Hunt. Please share this information with friends and family who had planned on attending so that we can get the word out to everyone. Ashley is working on alternative ideas to a live Easter Egg Hunt, so keep an eye on the Shady Grove and King's Kidz Facebook pages for updates and activities around Easter.
-As a church, we want to use this unprecedented opportunity to show the world that the church is not a building, but a group of Jesus' followers. We want to encourage you to think outside of the box for ways to share the love of Christ with your brothers and sisters. One way we suggest you do this is by downloading the directory app or accessing the directory online (instructions will be included at the bottom of this email**) and reaching out to the family whose name is directly below you in the alphabetized list. This way, each family in the church is being looked after by at least one church member. If you know for sure that the person directly below you no longer attends Shady Grove (we are working on cleaning up the list), skip to the next person in the list.
-We would also encourage you to go above and beyond that one person and reach out to others in our church, especially those who you know are home bound or sick. If you would like to be put on a "first responder" list to help those who call the church office with a need, please email Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-As always, if you or someone you know has a need, be it financial, physical, emotional, or spiritual, please call the church office at 865-397-7453 or email Ashley at email@example.com. We would be more than happy to extend a helping hand without judgment.
Thank you for reading this email, and check your email periodically for more information from Shady Grove!
** To download the Instant Church Directory app-
1) Go to your app store on your phone, tablet, or other device (Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Samsung Galaxy Apps, etc).
2) Type Instant Church Directory in the search bar. The icon for the correct application is a yellow box with a white church inside.
3) Click Install.
4) When you open the app, you will click "Create Login."
5) Once you hit "Create Login," it will take you to a page that starts with "Welcome!" Fill out this page with your email address and your newly created password. You need to put in the email address that you have given to Ashley to put into the directory or the original address you gave for the paper directory.
6) Once you have filled in your email and password, you will choose "Create Login."
7) A notification will appear that will tell you to check your email for confirmation.
8) Go to your email and verify your account by clicking on the link provided in your email.
9) Once you have clicked the link, it will take you to the online directory page. You can now login both online and through the app.
** To login to the directory online-
1) Go to instantchurchdirectory.com.
2) You will choose "Church Member Sign In."
3) From here, follow steps 5-9 above.
**If you are not able to login-
-If you are having problems logging in, it is most likely because the email you are using is not listed in the online directory. Please contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address you would like to use to login. She will then update the online directory. Please allow a day or two for the website to update before you try to log in again.
Let Ashley know if you have any further questions.
"So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter." 2 Thessalonians 2:15
Dear Shady Grove,
We wanted to share a few important updates with you-
Please let us know if you have any questions. We will continue to reach out to you, so be on the lookout for further communication. We love you, church family!